Friday 14 June 2013

preparing for my final idea

Now i am ready to start thinking about my canvases that I want to make so now I need to collect my bed sheets that I will need to place over the frame. I have decided i want to make 2 canvases in total. I have decided how big they are going to be, they will be 125cm x 125cm. I will need to make sure my bed sheets are cotton. I have asked Andy the technician in the workshop if he could kindly help me put the frames together. Once I had my frames I could then attach my sheets to both of them. Using some stretching tools and a staple gun I stretched the sheets over the frames this would then give me two canvases to work on. I am going to use batik dyes to get that same effect as before, I am really excited to get started!


I have finally finished painting my canvases with batik dye. I used a small selection of batik dyes and some bleach, 2 big brushes and some water to complete my paintings. I am going to do both of my paintings in the same way.


 

Here is a close up of the painting you can see how vibrant it becomes on such a large scale it looks fantastic however when it starts to dry it will fade a little bit. I did also try adding some rock salt into it while it was wet. It could turn out really nice.


Next I am going to start making my stencils so that I can paint on some spaceships using PVA and that will be really interesting.

 
Using my model spaceships I am now going to use a projector to cast the shapes of the shadows they create onto a piece of card and then I can draw around the shadow and that will give me a stencil that I can cut out later on. I repeated this process until I had lots of different stencils to work with.
 
 
 
I can now cut out the shapes from the card and this will give me my stencils.
 
 

 
My paintings are dry and now I can start working into to them. My idea is to paint space ships onto the paintings using my stencils and PVA glue, I have already tested this so I know it works.
 
I had already tried using a sponge to paint on the glue, but that didn't work unfortunately it just left a blob like shape on my painting.
 
 
As you can see there is a slight shape of it but it hasn't kept the shape that I would of liked.
 
This time I am going to just use a brush instead which hopefully will work better.
 
 
This is my stencil, and I have placed it where I think is ok and then all I need to do is to keep it in place with a bit of cellotape and then it won't move.

 
Next I am painting the glue over the stencils and it is working really well and i'm happy with the results.
 
 
This is going to look absolutely fantastic because the glue will leave a shiny see through spaceship shape and when it dries it turns clear and brings out the colours in the painting. I'm going to finish them by doing this on both paintings and then leave them to dry. My final step is to think about how I will display them for my exhibition. I am thinking of putting them on the wall and then hanging my model spaceships in front of them. Thats the last thing I need to do is to start thinking about the exhibition.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment