Sunday 19 May 2013

Painting

I'm going to try a different way of painting. I can try using some batik dyes and spread the dye across the paper by blowing it around with a straw. This will give me a completely different effect.


I'm blowing the dyes around to get them to blend and spread together, I'm also adding some bleach to take out some of the colour. I found that the bleach creates lighter shades of colours and makes the dye more interesting.
 
 
 
 
I also found that the colours had to be built up in layers to achieve a really good pattern. The next thing i did was add washing up liquid to the dye and mixed it together in the pot and then it would become soapy and then i made a bubble blower out of some wire and then dipped it in the pot and blew a really big bubble onto the page. The bubble turned into a nice planet like shape and left a really nice blob on the paper. I was already familiar with this because I had already tried doing this before. I also found that it only works best with dark coloured dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment